« 3FL RSS feeds updated to only show available contentFixing Internet Explorer 8 printing lots of Blank Pages »

Loading ATO's e-tax file from 2010

Misc, Life, 211 words   English (AU) Bookmark and Share

Another financial year has ended in Australia, and its time do submit our tax returns again. However, it seems that ATO’s (Australia Tax Office) latest software, e-tax 2011, is unable to let me view last year’s Tax submission unless you still have the e-tax 2010 software from last year still installed.

If you have changed your computer or un-installed e-tax 2010, you will need to install e-tax 2010 in order to load the tax report from that year. Note, you will not be able to submit amendments, just be able to view what you submitted.

Problem is, ATO’s website no longer hosts the older versions while the latest version of etax is unable to load it. After much trolling through the web unsuccessfully, I finally found the 2010 installer from my backups.

...

I’ve taken the liberty of hosting the 2010 and 2011 versions here.

:!: Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with ATO and provide no warranty with the following software. These are the unmodified originals etax releases from ATO.

:idea:Seems like some browsers try to open the above files as text, if you have trouble downloading it try to Right-Click and do a Save As to download them

Trackback address for this post

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots.
Please enter the characters from the image above. (case insensitive)

23 comments

Comment from: Sam Lazar [Visitor]
Sam LazarYou're awesome!! tyvm :D
03/08/11 @ 04:46
Comment from: karan [Visitor]
karanthanks mate, u r a champion...i was looking for etax2010 everywhere, thnaks for sharing
08/08/11 @ 23:57
Comment from: Tony [Visitor]
TonyThanks a million. A reminder to myself! Self! Backup!!!
16/08/11 @ 10:19
Comment from: Craig [Visitor]
CraigYou Sir are a Champion!! Absolute Life Saver Cheers!!!
17/08/11 @ 01:35
Comment from: Teresa [Visitor]
Teresaoh my gawd THANK YOU!
25/08/11 @ 16:35
Comment from: Sven [Visitor]
SvenThanks, man. That was really helpful!!!

Stupid ATO.
Can't install it when 2011 is installed ... who is that stupid to put such a test in a program that is not backward compatible?

Anyways, let's hope I don't get amendments for 2009 or 2008 - cause I won't have those installers either.
01/11/11 @ 12:03
Comment from: Shez [Visitor]
ShezThank you!!!! Life saver!!!
04/02/12 @ 07:19
Comment from: Jeremy [Visitor]
JeremyThanks, you are a life saver!
15/02/12 @ 07:01
Comment from: Chooks [Visitor]
ChooksThank you so much!!!
06/03/12 @ 23:24
Comment from: Emily [Visitor]
EmilyHi,
I tried opening up the etax 2010 file (.msi), but, it was unsuccessful. Could you please advise me how I can open the 2010 file - so that I could read my 2010 tax return.
Thank you.

Regards,
Emily.
04/06/12 @ 13:35
Comment from: Brinley Ang [Member] Email
Brinley AngEmily, the etax .msi file is an installer. You need to download it and run the installation. What operating system are you using? I'm not sure if this software works on Windows 7
06/06/12 @ 13:20
Comment from: David [Visitor]
DavidI had a major PC crash and lost my 2010 and 2011 files.

Now that thanks to you i have reinstalled 2010 and 2011 etax Is it possible to get them from etax with my tax file number?
04/07/12 @ 22:58
Comment from: Kelly [Visitor]
KellyThank you very much!
This was much needed to open my old tax file in 2012
05/07/12 @ 05:36
Comment from: ME [Visitor]
METhanks!
10/07/12 @ 08:20
Comment from: Andy [Visitor]
AndyArrghh, I'm having the same problem now. ETax 2012 won't open my 2011 file, and the installer deleted my old Etax 2011 program, which I now can't find anywhere :-(

The links don't seem to work, perhaps it's a Windows 7 issue? Is there any chance of a re-post of the sofware by any chance?

Thanks heaps.
17/07/12 @ 04:40
Comment from: Brinley Ang [Member] Email
Brinley Ang@Andy What do you mean by the Etax links don't seem to work? Did you mean that you can't download it or cant install it?
17/07/12 @ 15:42
Comment from: Cherry [Visitor]
CherryYou are awesome! I encountered the same problem as yours. Etax2012 won't let me review the 2011 tax submission whist my etax2011 was uninstalled from my computer. I'm lucky to find your blog which solves a big problem for me! Many thanks!!!
04/09/12 @ 14:03
Comment from: Craig Ringer [Visitor]
Craig RingerOne has to wonder what the ATO is smoking. They don't provide backward compatibility for old eTax files, but don't offer downloads of the old software so you can open your archived eTax files.

This on top of their total failure to provide digital signatures or cryptographic checksums for their eTax releases really makes me wonder about them.
21/10/12 @ 08:24
Comment from: Rae [Visitor]
RaeThank-you! You've solved a major issue for me here with the 2011 version! :)
19/11/12 @ 00:58
Comment from: Hugh [Visitor]
HughThanks you very much for being so generous with your time and information, a real champion.
30/05/13 @ 00:46
Comment from: Michelle [Visitor]
MichelleHello, wondering if you have the 2012 etax? its no longer available on ato website.
04/06/13 @ 07:58
Comment from: Mike [Visitor] Email
MikeHi, as your original post started "Another financial year has ended in Australia, and its time do submit our tax returns again." I now find myself in the position of not having the 2012 etax software and not being able to look at last year's tax return. The info I need to look at (for my wife's small business) has not come across on the rollover.

What are the chances of posting a link for the 2012 file? Seems you've been a great help to so many people already but I'd really appreciate some assistance.

Thanks in advance
Mike
25/07/13 @ 13:18
Comment from: Mark [Visitor]
MarkAnyone have a copy for etax program for financial year 2011-2012
14/01/14 @ 04:45

This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...